- Daily Deal Round Up: August 19, 2022 •
- VIDEO: 'Downturn is a chance for CVCs to… •
- Daily Deal Round Up: August 18, 2022 •
- G42 harnesses Abu Dhabi cash to launch $10bn… •
- Nuclear fusion is getting hot for investors —… •
- Daily Deal Round Up: August 17, 2022 •
- Vollaard leaves Rabobank to join Royal Agrifirm Group •
- Loftus moves to PayPal Ventures •
- Daily Deal Round Up: August 16, 2022 •
- Horyn exits Cisco •
- Future Energy Ventures spins out so it can… •
- Obaseki to lead growth investments for ZX Ventures •
Web3 corporates invest in social media monitoring with Coinfeeds $2m seed round
FTX, Coinbase, Huobi and Protocol Labs backed the startup keeping an eye on crypto sentiment, a measure that can be profitable or costly.
Japanese film studio seeks digitalisation know-how through venture unit
The cinema and kabuki studio’s Shochiku Ventures subsidiary will target virtual reality and entertainment digitalisation technology developers while its sister programme, Shochiku Accelerator, is accepting submissions until August 10.
Bertelsmann pledges $500m for early-stage Indian deals
Bertelsmann India Investments is diving into a growing funding gap for early-stage startups in the country.
Deezer agrees $1.1bn reverse merger
The audio streaming service is set to list with help from a PIPE deal featuring Orange, Access Industries, Warner Music, UMG and Media Participations.
Epic Games scores $2bn in corporate funding
Sony and Lego owner Kirkbi each supplied $1bn in funding for the video game publisher and technology provider, valuing it at $31.5bn.
Sky Mavis scores $150m
Binance and Animoca Brands were among the investors helping the blockchain game developer pay back users that recently fell victim to the Ronin security breach.
Qualcomm crosses off $100m XR fund
The chipmaker's Snapdragon Metaverse Fund will provide equity financing and grants for metaverse and extended reality technology startups.
SoftBank pinpoints Spotter in $200m series D
Spotter raised the cash in a round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2, as the new media space evolves to viewing content rights as a viable asset.