Watch the replay of this webinar in GCV’s The Next Wave webinar series which took place on December 13, 2023.
After a recent series of breakthroughs the production of energy from nuclear fusion is beginning to look like a viable proposition. But what type of fusion should investors be backing and what are timelines realistically going to look like for turning this into a business proposition rather than a science experiment?
Fusion is mostly a unproven technology that is far from commercialisation. This webinar looked at:
– Why is fusion worth the risky bet?
– Which fusion technologies show the most promise of commercialisation?
– What are the most realistic timelines of commercialisation; given fusion is costly to develop and requires long timelines?
– What role can corporates play in helping fusion startups on the road to commercialisation?
- Tina Tosukhowong, Investment Director at TDK Ventures
- Wolfgang Seibold, Partner and CFO at Hitachi Ventures
- Christofer Mowry, CEO at Type One Energy
- Oded Gour-Lavie, CEO at NT-Tao
Moderated by: Kim Moore, Deputy Editor at Global Corporate Venturing